It’s Hard to Be a Good Writer?Posted: November 2, 2010
Is it hard to be a good writer? Of course not.
All you have to do is:
- Write a lot, until you get really, really good. Then, write some more.
- Practice, practice, practice.
- Be open to lots of negative feedback. Use it as constructive criticism (even if it’s meant to be destructive), and get better.
- Identify your niche as a writer and concentrate on that. Don’t spread yourself too thin. Zero in on what makes you unique as a writer.
- Write some more.
- Collaborate with other (better) writers on projects for free… just to gain experience.
- Coach others on how to write. Teaching always makes you a better practitioner of what you’re trying to educate others on how to do.
- Commit to writing every day.
- Stay committed.
- Keep writing.
Is being a good writer hard? Of course not. It just takes time and a lot of work. I wouldn’t say that it’s easy, but it’s certainly not hard, either.
Come to think of it, most disciplines aren’t hard. They just require, well, discipline.